Professor & Chair, ERC Director
BS, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
MS, Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA
PhD, Environmental Health Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, CA
Exposure assessment in occupational and environmental settings; Exposure modeling and data analysis; Transmission and prevention of infectious diseases in the workplace; Quantitative microbial risk assessment; Work equity.
Dr. Rachael M. Jones, PhD, CIH is a professor in the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health Department of Environmental Health Sciences. Dr. Jones is an exposure scientist and industrial hygienist, with experience with exposure modeling, simulation studies and experiments, and field sampling. Dr. Jones work has centered on the assessment and control of workplace exposures to infectious agents, especially respiratory viruses. More recently, Dr. Jones developed an interest in the impact of power and (in)equity on occupational health and safety. Dr. Jones serves as Chief Editor for the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, the journal of the British Occupational Hygiene Society. Dr. Jones is currently a member of the National Academies of Sciences Standing Committee on Personal Protective Equipment for Workplace Safety and Health.
- Wilson AM, C Schaefer, DK Sleeth, RM Jones. (2022) “Transmission of respiratory viral diseases to healthcare workers: COVID-19 as an example.” Annual Reviews of Public Health. 43: 311-330.
- Jones RM, DM Rempel (2021) “Standards for surgical respirators and masks: Relevance for protecting healthcare workers and the public during pandemics.” Annals of Work Exposures and Health. 65(5): 495-504.
- Tang, S, Y Mao, RM Jones, Q Tan, J Ji, N Li, J Shen, Y Lv, L Pan, P Ding, X Wang, Y Wang, CR MacIntyre, X Shi. (2020) “Aerosol transmission of SARS-CoV-2? Evidence, Prevention and Control” Environment International. 144: 106039.
- Jones, RM. (2020) “Relative contributions of transmission routes for COVID-19 among healthcare personnel providing patient care.” Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 17(9): 408-415.
- Jones RM, SC Bleasdale, D Maita, LM Brosseau. (2020) “A systematic risk-based strategy to select personal protective equipment for infectious diseases.” American Journal of Infection Control. 48(1): 46-51.
- Phan LT, DM Sweeny, DC Moritz, D Maita, SC Bleasdale, RM Jones. (2019) “Respiratory viruses on the personal protective equipment and bodies of healthcare workers.” Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 40(12): 1356-1360